Thursday, November 29, 2012

Final Day at the Lake

We took our final boating day at the end of Sept. I am not sure what made this day different from rest of the times we went boating, but it was probably my favorite boating day of the season. Maybe it was the cooler temps; maybe the calm water: maybe the fact that we caught fish. Or maybe I went down with a better attitude. Whatever it was, we all enjoyed it.
 
Brandon let the girls ride in the back of the boat on the way to the ramp. They loved it. (until I combed their hair later.)
 We hit the jackpot on fishing! I drove and fished both so Brandon could enjoy it. Actually, he fishes while helping all his "needy" fishing ladies. We can be high maintenance.


 And then there is Maisie. She's not in to the fishing thing. However, she was happy reading her books. Now that I think about it, I wonder where she gets it.:)

 That is a true, genuine smile.
 After fishing, we took a boat ride across the lake. Brandon did something to make the wake right next to the boat. The girls thought it was cool.

 After we got off the boat, we drove over the dam to meet up with Derek and Braylen who had been 4 wheeling. Each girl took a little ride with him. And each girl loved it. Their Uncle Derek holds a special place in their hearts.


 We really didn't ride like this. :) However, I did take my first 4 wheeler ride. I'm not interested in driving one myself, but I enjoyed my short ride with him.
 And as the sun sets across the lake, out boating season comes to a close.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the sun set....one of my favorite pictures you have posted....so pretty! It did make me smile that someone else sometimes has a bad attitude about their boat as well. :). I am glad it ended up being a great day. Our season for boating is just about up. Although, my husband fancies himself fishing at my parents on Christmas day. We will see. :)

Unknown said...

Ooops, should have signed it as it has my husbands name on it. That last post was from me. Darcy. :)

WifeandMom said...

Looking at the picture of my husband with you and your girls is a strange sight! You could all pass as a family if someone didn't know any different. We should line up Brandon with me and my boys in the same pose just to mess with people. :)