Monday, December 14, 2009

Snow Much Fun

It's definitely winter here! I guess if nothing else, it helped me get in the Christmas spirit. Last weekend, Analise and I were in our church's Christmas musical. I had a lot of fun being on stage with her. However, it kept us quite busy, so it's nice having it over. Last Monday night we were in a snow storm warning. I am so thankful they canceled school the next day, and we knew before we went to bed! I had been grocery shopping, so we were stocked up, and I had bought some extra goodies for holiday baking.
Tuesday morning, we woke up to snow on the ground and snow falling all day long! The girls slept in, I let them hang out in their jammies awhile, watch a Christmas movie, and then we did some baking. We made a new chocolate pretzel, and we made our traditional white chocolate pretzel. (only in a new, easier shape.) The girls were great help and had lots of fun. While the younger ones napped, Analise helped me make chocolate fudge. I have never made this before. I'll just say it tastes better than it looks. :) I had chili in the crock pot, and I made my annual cinnamon rolls, arranged on the platter like a Christmas tree. Grandma and Grandpa joined us for supper. It was a fun, cozy day. The next day brought high winds and super cold temps, so school was canceled again. Brandon went into work late today because he and his brother and dad, snow blowed 11 drives! It was a good teachable moment for me to show Analise how daddy uses the gifts from God to bless others. Though we didn't do baking today, we still had fun. After dinner we drove around town and looked at Christmas lights. It felt good to get out of the house.
The girls had been out playing in the snow, but I had limited the time due to the cold temps. Sadie always stood at the patio door begging to go out.

A couple of days later, it was warm enough I felt like I could bundle Sadie up and let her experience it for the first time. She was so bundled, she could barely walk! She kept falling face first into the snow. Kind Analise wanted to help Sadie, but she could trip, too, and they would both land in the snow. Sadie didn't last long outside. But once I took her inside, she wasn't begging to go back out. :)


Grandmom and Pops always send us a package to open the day after Thanksgiving. Here are the girls in their new jammies!
The girls decorated their own tree this year. I didn't have to help at all!

We had a good weekend. Friday night our nephews came over so their folks could do some Christmas shopping. We had a movie night and watched "Santa Buddies." Quite cute!
Saturday we hung out around here. Brandon and the girls played outside and made some tunnels in the snow. Saturday night we were blessed with a dinner out and some shopping. The girls went to Grandma's. Brandon and I hadn't been on a date since August. We ate at a local BBQ place and then struck out shopping. I tell ya, I've just has the worst luck this year. Makes me long for the bigger city with more selection. :)
Analise spent the night at Grandma's, and the other two came home with us. Sunday was relaxing and slow. I have geared up for a busy week!





No comments: